Intercultural Communication: Diversity in Practice
International professional development seminars offered by
Consultants Interculturele Communicatie
October 5 – 9, 2015
in association with Webster University, The Netherlands
CIC has offered open Cross-Cultural Seminars since 1994. The perspective and focus of each seminar varies, remaining topical and practical.
Primary language of the Seminar: English
World Trade Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Who should participate?
Professionals interested in increasing knowledge and skills in their cross-cultural work in international teams, project management, human resources and education.
Attendance is limited to 15 participants to ensure optimal learning and exchange
Benefit to individuals and organisations:
- Increased scope for choosing and applying appropriate and effective methodologies in intercultural learning
- In-depth understanding of the process and consequences of pluralism in personal and work environments
- The opportunity to exchange valuable experience and best practices.
An intake will ensure that the focus remains on the participants’ professional and personal interests and concerns.
- Cultural competence:
Managing virtual, multicultural communication
- Useful models for analyzing cross-cultural conflicts and for applying effective strategies
- Identifying and managing the new complexities of working across cultures, languages and experiences / expectations
- Effective training and teaching of Intercultural Communication / Intercultural Sensitivity / Diversity
- Training and teaching diverse groups and cultural backgrounds
- Methodology, tools and practice
Bernadette van Houten
Monika de Waal: Research on Third Culture Kids
: What we can learn from Kenya: people and projects
- Interactive discussions
- Cross- cultural awareness activities / “tools”
- Analysis of video clips and cross-cultural cases
Most of our Seminar participants are professionals with experience in research and practice: You are encouraged to share your research, expertise and skills.
There is possibility to present your research or lead an activity (20 minutes + 10 minutes questions/discussion).
October 5 – 9, five-day seminar Euro 1250
October 5 – 7, Module one Euro 850
October 8 – 9, Module two Euro 600
Each module includes one group dinner and lunch / coffee / tea during the three days, and materials
Former Seminar participants: 10% reduction
Please specify on your registration:
- By bank transfer:
Bank: ING Amsterdam
Account # 74.12.832
IBAN: NL93 INGB 0007 4128 32
Name: Consultants Interculturele Communicatie
Address: Marnixstraat 154-I, 1016 TE Amsterdam, NL
- Pay Pal – ask us for a PayPal request. Pay Pal allows payment with a credit card.
- Invoice to your organization: Please give details of email of contact person and name and address of your organization
Registration will be confirmed after payment has been received.
For cancellations notified after September 14, 2015 no refunds.
In case of insufficient participants the seminar will be cancelled and the fee refunded.
World Trade Center, Amsterdam
Corridor Central Hall
1077 XW Amsterdam, The Netherlands