Intercultural Communication: Diversity in Practice
International professional development seminars offered by
Consultants Interculturele Communicatie
September 1 – 3, 2014
under the auspices of Webster University, Leiden, The Netherlands
CIC has offered open Cross-Cultural Seminars since 1994. The perspective and focus of each seminar varies, remaining topical and practical.
Primary language of the Seminar: English
World Trade Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Who should participate?
Professionals interested in increasing knowledge and skills in their cross-cultural work in international teams, project management, human resources and education.
Attendance is limited to ensure optimal learning and exchange
Benefit to individuals and organisations:
- Increased scope for choosing and applying appropriate and effective methodologies in intercultural learning
- In-depth understanding of the process and consequences of pluralism in personal and work environments
- The opportunity to exchange valuable experience and best practices.
An intake will ensure that the focus remains on the participants’ professional and personal interests and concerns.
- Cultural competences: face-to-face discourse and managing multicultural teams
- Cross-cultural conflict management in business, education and civil communities
- Cross-cultural leadership: expanded cross-cultural competences for the 21st century
- Cultural mentoring and coaching / managing individuals and groups with plural identities, in business, education, and civil communities
- Strategies for managing and helping others to manage cross-cultural dilemmas
Primary facilitator: Bernadette van Houten
- Dr. Richard Pearce, author of "Moving Beyond the First 40 Years"
"Research on identity of internationally mobile children"
- Fabiola Morales, Psychologist with Migrantes, Amsterdam
“Facilitating cultural awareness workshops in Chile: challenges and strategies”
- Interactive discussions
- Cross- cultural awareness activities / “tools”
- Analysis of video clips and cross-cultural cases
Most of our Seminar participants are professionals with experience in research and practice: You are encouraged to share your research, expertise and skills.
Please note in the registration form that you would like to present or lead an activity (20 minutes + 10 minutes of questions / discussion) and the topic so that we
can schedule you into the programme.
Euro 400 for the three days, including a group dinner on Monday night; coffee / tea during the three days, and any materials / handouts / background reader
Please specify on your registration:
- By bank transfer:
Bank: ING Amsterdam
Account # 74.12.832
IBAN: NL93 INGB 0007 4128 32
Name: Consultants Interculturele Communicatie
Address: Marnixstraat 154-I, 1016 TE Amsterdam, NL
- Pay Pal – ask us for a PayPal request. Pay Pal allows payment with a credit card.
- Invoice to your organization: Please give details of email of contact person and name and address of your organization
Registration will be confirmed after payment has been received.
For cancellations notified after August 12, 2014 no refunds.
In case of insufficient participants the seminar will be cancelled and the fee refunded.
Jorge Diaz or
World Trade Center, Amsterdam
Corridor Central Hall
1077 XW Amsterdam, The Netherlands